The tree is on the curb, your car is packed with returns, and you’re about five pounds heavier from eating your weight in Christmas cookies. Welcome to 2018 friends! But before you push those party dresses to the back of your closet, give that holiday dressing one more glance. Fashion girls everywhere are reimagining formal velvet as the focal point to a quintessential streetwear look.
Join the sartorial set by juxtaposing the luxe fabrication with decidedly casual pieces. Think graphic tees, sweatshirts, roughed up denim, and sneakers. It is all about pairing the expected with the unexpected for a post-holiday revival.
- Throw on a velvet dress over a pair of straight leg denim with a mid-calf boot
- A velvet blazer feels fresh with a simple tee and slides
- Layer a dress over a graphic tee or sweatshirt with a pair of sneakers
- Toughen up velvet with a leather jacket or oversized flannel
- High shine Chelsea boots are the perfect contrast to the formality of velvet
- Funky accessories like a baker’s cap, beret, or beanie create interest
Missed the velvet boat all together? Don’t fret, I got you covered with my favorite pieces to take you through to Christmas 2018. Shop on!