Stripes are to spring what pumpkin spiced lattes are to fall. Nothing new here, people. But what does shift each season, besides our coffee order, is how we style the wardrobe staple of the pinstripe.
A classic of classics, if a bankers shirt is not in your closet, you need to rethink the amount of money you are spending on caffeine, and purchase this go-to immediately. The pinstripe top adds an instant sophistication and crispness to any look, while also mastering an air of effortlessness. I don’t know about you, but that is the definition of outfit gold in my fashion dictionary.
Breaking boundaries and taking names, while quintessential, the button up has retransformed it’s corporate connotations to street style stardom. So, follow my 6 tips for pinstripe pro status and shop my picks of the season below.
1. Reconstructed button-ups are still a thing, so don’t be afraid of the unconventional in your selection
2. Keep the silhouette relaxed. Form-fitted feels too ladies who lunch.
3. Style with track pants and sneakers.
4. Pair under a slip dress with boots or slides.
5. Print on print is a fresh alternative. Rock with a wide leg striped trouser or midi skirt.
6. Button up over a turtle neck and classic denim.